31 October 2005

completely trashed

Last night was the annual ADISQ after-party, open bars, two floors of different ambiances, chocolate fountains, the amazing view on the fifth floor of the juste-pour-rire, beautiful tipsy women and semi-pretentious Québecois music artists (whom in general, dresses far worse than any non-public figure of our local industry). There were around 1200 people perhaps? I wore an italian cut suit, all black (though I had a white tie and some white glasses a girl gave me), a suit just makes me feel very confident and powerful just strutting from one table to another no matter if I knew anyone or not, alcohol helps but that really is the kind of guy I am. The third floor had a retro vibe, very 70s go go with a classy mezzanine... the fifth floor, in all its' techno heroin blue glory, was far less popular than the third for some reason. It's a shame 'cause you sorta had to go with the crowd... I felt sorry 'cause I insulted Izabelle Desjardins (that musique+ girl) later in the night with a bad joke, really wasn't intentional and she was so nice to me to begin with.. it just didn't come out right and I felt like an immense jerk. Anyway, can't blame the booze (though I lost count around nine). All in all we had lots of fun, made drinking appropriate this time around; like a celebration rather than a random Wednesday night bender (although I collapsed on the front porch when I got back home... like so).