28 December 2005

exactly as I said it would be

Nothing's important during the 52nd week of the year, nothing except what is truly important. I am relatively certain that I could accomplish as much as I usually do within this no-dire-pressure frame of mind. Deadlines come and go, sketchbooks piling up, cigarette wrappers on the floor, thoughtful offerings making themselves at home... It's all part of a false psychological mind-fuck, the year's end. It's just a few calendar dates obviously. I know you know. For many of us, it's a whole new direction. Unfortunately, it's also an easy way for the majority to make amends. Why now? 'Cause it's a brand new page -- for everyone alike. Don't take this impression for granted, nevermind how irrelevant it is, it's still an exceptional experience. It's like one big global drug. All high on "the new year", setting goals / expecting more. I've set very low expectations for 2005 and it's exactly as I said it would be. Not that it was an effortless task though, but there was no let down. Looking back now, although it was vitaly necessary, it was one huge waste. All these piled up books should be scattered accros the floor here, make room for xx xxxxx before it's too late. Not because of 2005, for the benefit of 2005.