15 January 2006

160106


How is your new year so far? Too soon to tell? Does 1999 mean anything to you? Means something to me. So does 1986, 1998, 2002, 2004... I don't believe in patterns. We used to break everything down into cycles, but that's just indirectly surrendering to some sort of specific fate, you know, created by either fearing it or wanting it. In general, people usually remember past years by extremes, whether it was love, loss or any type of significant experience worth remebering (a bad experience is also worth remembering in a way, though you may disagree, if it had any relevance then it probably left some sort of scar). What did 2005 mean to you? What was your significance of the past year? I've been kidding around that my life will be stagnant until 2007, but in a way, I believe this. Now not to contradict what I've stated above, I'm not "expecting" change, but I've just given myself some time. I've set low expectations and so far that's all I got. I'm expecting some sort of repeat of last year, as bland as it may sound. What are your expecations for 2006? Some will argue (and some do) that setting the bar high makes you eventually reach it. I agree. But I can't right now. I find it wiser to stick to what I am sure of. It's safer. That's what I need. Time to heal. Around my neck, there's a necklace that was given to me by déa, a precious gift from back in the day. Sometimes it strangles me at night. Is that a reminder? Do I need an offering for me to be reminded of the loss and the whole story that came with it? No. I remember it just fine thank you. Now apply that logic to the "set the bar high" theory. Yes I agree, f*ck you, I need time. Lovers who shift from one partner to another in a split second aren't worthy to be called lovers. That I will argue with. Not saying that I won't "open a door" if a path is shown to me during the course of year, but I won't be looking for it. What do you think?