13 November 2006

gardendivide


My first day back in the city, the situation hits a bit more now that I am "home" but we were warned, to some degree... Shown on this blog, in glimpses, the appartment / my home for the past 8 years. First, the backyard (*******'s garden) gave way to a bland condo building (ref: here) and now the long gone family memories will fade out of homes turned into offices. I'd label it all blasphemous, were I religious, but I can state that this financial move, though legal, is an afront to generations of family history. I'm bitter, obviously. Would you burn it down? There's sufficient time left to grieve, later when we'll be less likely to be at someone else's mercy (now that is something to look forward to) though there's very little time to consider our options.

ps. I'd like to thank Vila H. (who's blogging puts my measly efforts to shame) and Mlle Sophie (who would also outdo me, had she a blog of her own) for nominating husk/essem in this year's Canadian Blog Awards under "Best Photo/Art Blog" -- had I known about this earlier, I would've sent in some nominations of my own (fuck) -- merci beaucoup!