10 June 2007

/ june [03]




When we first moved in to the Piccola Italia I thought we were a bit too "north" of the actual Montreal action. Common newbie mistake. I was already a frequent visitor to the building and the neighborhood prior to moving in, but it was an escape at the time rather than being my home away from home. It took me a few years to realize it even after we finally got a space of our own in the building, sure it was familiar but I still took the area for granted and now there is nowhere else in the city I'd rather be. Fellow Montrealers, if you weren't amidst the celebrations here last night, you were definitely away from the Montreal action... but despite the festivities, I still hope to see you here when it is normally calm and charming with all its qualities and flaws.