03 September 2005

alcohol-art-experiment [01]


Just - just - just make the most out of your problem - though not necessarily everyone's problem. The state of intoxication for the most part is a concequence-less state of mind and I've used this on contracts and art over the years, a specific client of mine insists that I design their show-zines while under inhebriation (which usually includes concluding the magazine under the pressure of a somewhat heavy hangover) see here for an example: Le carrefour des antipodes. Everything is fucked up beyond the coherent intent of the spreads. But the result is something I might not have come up with while being sober. I'd like to invite my fellow artist and ESPECIALLY non-artist friends to an alcohol-art-session at a bar with basic art supplies (a drunken draw-off perhaps), I'd be really curious to have a look at everyone's results later on during the «drinking session». And I ain't talking about some classy evening sesson -- nevermind that noise, we're starting at NOON right after a good ol' espresso and it's on. I'll schedule this for sure, take part if you're audacious enough -- I guess some could say "if you're dumb enough" but a dumb experiment is in my opinion a very good/worthwhile endeavor. You might not agree that the ends can justify the means here -- but what the hell, we'll be tipsy... everything'll look better!