17 October 2005

171005


I just bought coffee from the corner "bio-breakfast" place next to my appartment. Bialetti's and authentic Italian espresso's can turn anyone into a coffee-snob but in the morning; anything caffeinated will do. I'm not looking for an exquisite taste as I wake up -- no I need a bomb to jumpstart my creative mornings. Everyone has their ups and downs during the day, I tend to accomplish more in the morning than later in the day (though I do get lots of work done very late at night -- go figure). Afternoons are awful, I'll often opt for a change of scenery too, just to get my mind off things. Unless I work abroad, people from the States will call during the afternoon here and at that point, people in Europe are ready to call it a day. There were times this past summer where I would start working around 3 or 4am just to ensure that I could make London happy. You know, just to get that "cheers". Tomorrow night we'll be at xxxxxx after midnight to record some tracks for Le Soir, just taking advantage of the late hours to create as much as possible. Makes for one hell of a rewarding week. Everything else is business, requires more of the latter to be fulfilled.