26 February 2006

that kind of week-end

I'm sitting here smoking a barrowed smoke from mc, drinking a "blanche" (which I opened up as if by reflex I swear) waiting to discuss with **** about his new album and the art I will be making for it, this is something that I take very seriously, websites change... they come and go but album art is precious, it's final, it's the music's static visual identity; its flag if you will, the universe of colors and images you set your mind to while listening to the album's music. Week-ends like these help me clear my mind; there was absolutely nothing constructive about it and there's no fowl in that. Good friends, good quiet times (minus the occasional bar freak) all in all it was well deserved r&r. I might just head out for some coffee or something a bit later, just to get some dust off and start the week on the right path... 'cause if I don't, it'll end falling asleep amongst paperwork and deadlines, not unlike any other day but you can stray from that during week-ends. If I do get a shot at this album, March will take on a whole new significance. I should post my progress on the blog and take you with me on this "journey" of sorts, humming notes to the creation of something new and relevant.