15 March 2006

husk /essem post number sixty


Could've been a nice gray day if not for the harsh light reflecting on last night's unexpected snow. But there it is, still, in all its glory. Tell me that doesn't look like March in Montreal to you. Late on mostly everything. Why is it that an organised schedule must always be interrupted. When you anticipate such things; it's twice the hassle. The creativity gauge is low and my audacity is blocked due to high expectations albeit an interesting challenge. Motivates the destructive void I mentioned previously, wasn't just some tacky headline. I'm starting to accept that things must change, in such a void, but I fear this might cause something unforeseen... well, that's change isn't it? Have you ever noticed that a "nice change" is just that -- a nice change; change is so commonly bad that when it is good, it's attatched to an adjective. Nice change. A rare occurence then, no? The folly of being a versatile artist is that you don't excel in any specific art form. You just dabble in as many areas as you're interested in. That's not pretentious is it? Sorry, just being diplomatic here, I don't really care. I see peers, collegues and clients in interviews, on tv, in hot topics and though I've only scratched the surface of media attention (though not in Canada I'm affraid) I do long for something else to make one of my paths the absolute path. I will say on my behalf that it has always come to me, not the other way around. So yeah, that's something for ye olde ego. «What are you gettin' at, S**** ?» Oh yeah, actually this is some kind of reminder for me as well. I haven't updated "the site" since last december, I think, and that's the problem, that alias, if it is indeed shown as being versatile, that makes it less appealing to anyone who concentrates on one single artistic passion. Someone who picks up any design magazine, any design article, goes to design galleries, reads about famous designers and new hip trends... could be design, could've been music (though I mix both for work) and there's nothing wrong with that but my tastes aren't stuck to one pillar, and I don't mean to be derogatory, I admired people's "single-passions" more than the content they talk about. I prefer having a nice blend of music, art & design in my life, but you will stumble onto people who can showcase their one true passion and share it vividly. I can't allow myself to do that, it's just not true. Do I make a living with my music? No. And that's the other side of the coin. Shouldn't the site be a focus on my financial path? Isn't that borring? I see this as an imperfection, I think I've always benefited from it too. Yeah, I agree, it's high time for me to punch photography in the face.