24 March 2006

soft light


This is a morose taste of mine, not for the sound nor the look of it anyway (and "morose" only by general definition), I love gray days. They make you feel as though you're not missing out on anything while you're spending time locked inside somewhere -- and I find the opposite very comforting too; walking outside, maybe even accomapnied by some smooth breeze/chill, gray tones are soft, they're soothing: I'm a small black scribble over a gray canvas. But that's me, y'know? Makes me feel safer outside, and I love to have more layers of clothing (by preference, by taste). Most people find it depressing and I wonder how "neutrality" can be a downer -- you make it your own. It's such an insulting label... I do think depression is a disease. Off-topic. In order for me to reveal how positively this "atmosphere" affects me, I have to cross out some negative stereotypes. This is such a minoritous feeling that when asked, I'd prefer outright lying about it just to avoid the discussion.. "sure I miss the sun". Bullshit. I can enjoy a few sunny rays but I don't long for them as much as I enjoy nice gray pauses. London, mmm. The weather compeled me to write about it when I woke up this morning, I have an honest sigh of releif when I see the neutral lighting outside my window -- and I become oh so productive and creative; it charges my batteries, does that sound "depressing" to you now?

[ The sun came up a minute after posting this blog... *sigh ]