20 March 2006

aim?shot?no-target

It's been above my head for over 5 years now; a roundish 80s style three-bulb ceiling lamp. It emits the most awful shade of vivid yellow I've ever seen (with one socket that has never worked and another one that has a broken bulb stuck in it). Mind you, the place was built in the early 1900s so the other rooms have chandeliers, but no, not in this one. I've taken steps to change this, to no avail -- yet. Slowly driving me insane, incapable... like a vacuum above my head, sucking away creative/positive vibes, walking around with a heavy presence above my shoulders not unlike guilt though not a necessary one. We all have these very present devils around us, all you need to do is turn your head upside down to identify the source (know what I'm getting to?). Wouldn't it feel so good to rip it out of its' place? This is somewhat metaphoric, I know. Small vicotories, better than no victories.