25 April 2006

according to

It is general conception on my behalf that: a) I need to step outside more often/get some air/enjoy the sunlight, that the amount of time spent in the appartment working on my own will render my social working class abilities outside of my shell completely inept; b) my life revolves solely around myself and my work; c) I have a bleak individualist outlook on life all the while very quickly shifting between optimism and pessimism, tempermental and a bit condescending (sarcastic?); d) I am addicted to nicotine, my acohol dependency becomes dangerously close to alcoholism when in times of turmoil, I am in denial with regards to the concequences of such actions; e) I should sleep more, I should exercise more, I should have a healthier diet -- all these should lead to less anxiety/stress; f) I am patheticaly stuck with an obsession on my ex-girlfriend and the life we shared for I haven't had a life-partner since nor made an attempt to find one nor has my heart set on another partner in the general amount of time it usually takes for one to "get over it" and "move on" thus, again, increasing my social ineptitudes and reducing my overall appeal in the process, I am also perhaps in denial of my own sexual orientation due to this lapse; g) I have unrealistic goals that prevent me (blind me) from acquiring the financial ressources that are available to me at this very moment, it is therefore an illogical self-appointed ideal that, if pursued, lessens my chances of present stability and future investments; h) though I am able to forgive from time to time, I am in most cases unable to forget and I often set this bar very high, carpe diem is non-existent to me and this results in an unnecessary overbearing weight of past occurences on my shoulders which I have no control over/cannot change even if I wanted to... -- The list probably goes on and on much further than this, but this is, in small doses (sometimes subtly, sometimes direct), things people say about me, most of which are absolutely disingenuous and some... I have to admit spark some truth. My point is this though: would it be alright to point out some nice things about me from time to time? I could just politely tell you to go fuck yourselves and mind your own business, most people who criticize aren't in a good position to criticize in the first place (I know I'm criticizing critics), it is NOT concern, I refuse to accept that (but oh how I appreciate the UNSOLICITED advice, thank you very much)... but no, I'll take it. I think I can handle it. 'Cause we're all on the "judge switch", no point in denying that -- we could reach for that "compliment/support/encourage" switch a bit more often, no? You might say «and where is THAT fabled switch on THIS blog?» and I'll simply say that there rarely is one, but hey, you can go read something else. Don't make me you, I don't want to be you, but I do love you.