01 April 2006

Montreal [03]


I don't really mean this in a bad way, but I was blind to fashion a few years back but "someone" brought back these superficial impressions (not unlike an adult-teen mentality/small town culture/someone wearing a mask) and I haven't been able to get em' out of my head since. By that I meant that I could be mixed with any type of pepole and see them simply as "people", that's how it should be. [Self-Protective-Quote: «these usually come from people who resent trends when they're excluded from the movement. Now you judge if that fits my character or not. I won't hold it against you.» ] It came back to me while strolling through Montreal this week, it's not as bad as it was before but yeah -- it is somewhere in the back of my mind. I used to be blissed, it's very annoying. Made me feel untouchable but pure, you know? I have to find that connection again, maybe parade through the root of the problem, in the fakest area there is, my aversion for those who would bring me back to that place -- oh how I long for the Montreal exceptions again. Dance clubs, nightspots, quasi-orgy lounges, drug-afterhours -- they're all fine/fun to me, but that shouldn't be your sole lifestyle, you know? On blank stares of idiotic women, looking down on me while I have no desire to set the record straight, it is my pet peeve. The latter for the general montrealer female is an abundance of perverts, I can barely count on one hand all of my female friends who "haven't" been somewhat attacked by some fucker somewhere in the city. While these happen on every street corner, it also happens in nests of superficial highs, tell me now - dites-moi how elite this is? There is a ring of Laval-type guys who roll down here with their fancy attitudes in the sole goal of abusing easy-to-impress mid-twenties Montrealer women and have their way with them aided by certain rape drugs -- they share their annonymous stories online and promoters abide by this pressured by threats that their families might get hurt (though it is sometimes partisan, of course) [one EXTREMIST case out of many, but it does happen more than you might think, in very notorious nightclubs, not only in some dirty back alley -- nothing moral can come from an excess of superficial frequentations ]. Protect your friends people. I love the city but it takes on another shape at night. If reading all this negativity pisses you off, read something else, though I would advise you to notice how your girlfriends are undressed (and I mean heavily) through eyes of evil pervs all over the city at any time, in any place (metro for instance, goddamn it's appauling). Fuck them up, don't let them get away with it.

On another Montreal-note, some people have been telling me that they're voting for husk/essem as their favorite Montreal blog (don't let the comments fool you, it's getting insane hits), of all blogs I think mine is personal and bland/vague, I doubt that it can be one of Montreal's bests but you can vote for it on the 17th Annual BOM under "best blog" and vote for all sorts of crazy shit, I love their categories. Thanks.