30 June 2006

[out of season]

And here I thought it was time for Montreal's Jazz Fest -- oh wait, it is, I'm just not there yet. Usually, every year I manage to transform the event into my unofficial vacation, I'm not complaining 'cause I have work, I just feel litterally out-of-place -- at the moment anyway. I'm not the biggest jazz enthusiast, the atmosphere makes the festival anyway, but I do enjoy the odd laid back blues jazz now and then. They tried to tie-in a lot of acid jazz/dub acts back in 2002 but there were complaints from many jazz purists, damn shame (which led to a very bland 2003 festival on that front, hopefully it'll pick up again). DJ Shadow cancelled his appearance this year but at least I still get to see Cat Power on Sunday (solo at that). As soon as the Little Italy festivities die down, I'll head on out to the Jazz Fest, might get that spirit back once I get there. It's hard to describe but I really rely on it. Ugly-up-close-dangerously-honest photos are in this year (says me). The ugly aging busted up smoker in black, shoulders pretending not to bear an overbearing weight of souvenirs and stress. What a wreck. I'm sure children assume I'm the personification of walking exhaustion -- I swear I'm still optimistic. Smoking better not be prohibitted on the Festival premises this year, I swear I'll find a way to spread plenty of other lesser-known second hand poisons on site, no malicious intent, just a friendly reminder (either that or I'll cross-dress and hit on elderlies, I mean -- wouldn't you?). My natural reactionary thoughts I guess. Things are commonly more black or white than gray. There are easy answers to many "supposed" though questions, I mean, isn't it obvious why the 60's generation french-québecois culture has an enermous aversion for Catholicism? If you blame them then kill yourselves, you are worthless human beings and you just add to the problem. So hey! See y'all at the Jazz Festival (search for exhaustion, rain or shine).