10 July 2006

[it's over but I did it]

It took a while but it happened; relief I guess. The Jazz fest ended but I got to share it with friends I don't get to see that often. One terrasse on Place des Arts, overlooking jazz & dub acts at night surrounded by thousands of people. It's a gathering of good vibes and that's what I needed to immerse myself in. We had another "festival" in our neighborhood last night in Little Italy where the closed streets allowed the locals to celebrate their well-deserved world cup victory. Even when I figured it was time to "call it a night" I couldn't help but to walk out again and take another stroll amidst the italian celebration despite my lack of sleep which, judging by the noise, I wouldn't have gotten much of anyway. Immersed once more in a crowd of positive vibes. If you can't beat em', join em'. Why miss out (especially at night)? Up next, the often tragic fireworks.