08 August 2006

96/100


The traffic I can monitor here, (though the data is limited) in most cases, comes from search engine queries that link to several names or topics I've dropped on the page (and for the record, I haven't done it as much as I could've). Then there's a percentage that seek out photos from this blog (which is frankly odd but flattering). Last but not least, the readers -- whether they be casual visitors or frequent (incongnito) regulars, those are the statistics that surprise me, I do not promote this blog. I did some research (locally, at first) on blogs and bloggers; especially blogs that retained some anonimity all the while sharring what seemed to be honest stories and observations (like essays) and there were very few of those... or rather, there were very few I was interested in. In a few days, this blog will have 100 posts on its exact first anniversary. That was an idea of mine, in the beginning, but I must say that it "just so happened" to work out as such. Though I've eventually revealed myself to a certain extent (yeah yeah, I have to pretend this actually matters) as the months went by (by doing it in reverse, as explained here), I've managed to keep things under wraps but not under control -- I've done essays on art, grief, depression and alcohol -- putting my knowledge and discoveries to the test often contradicting myself as time went by, a result of any learning process; by sharring (semi-vague) observations, which cannot generate additional discussion (dissection) nor debate (aside from the smoking ban apparently... undeniably an easy target for ignorant morons) when one remains hidden in a husk. To those who read; allow me to be lost in thought now and then, I am a miserable person.