15 January 2007

150107


So this is the front porch view, same as the living room view (through large antique windows). A while back, when we lost the view from the back (and the yard itself), I managed to find solace in this view but it occurs to me now that they did find a way to take this one away from us as well. Ah que sera, sera... the quote reminds me of "Let it Be" -- why the hell should you let anything be? My mother was right, she never agreed to that and neither do I (though we have nothing but respect for its author). I'll post the address when we're finally evicted so that you fellow Montrealers can go and see what all the "fuss" was about (I know, I know... the picture(s) is probably sufficient enough of a reference for anyone to figure it out). I've had my share of countless freaks knockin' on the ol' door anyway, from religious fanatics to a nervous middle-aged Billy Corgan fan and everything in between (sorry if you read this and take offense, though I did my best to help you, your presence left me ill at ease in my own home -- peace). I've only been a resident of the charming piccola italia for eight or nine years now (and one of its frequent visitors for some 15 years) but I've noticed much change and tension. There's increasing hostility in the area and racism debates are resurfacing fast (the modern trojan horse et al). Sensitive issues to be sure, it can get very confusing especially when we're all tongue tied in political correctness but we needn't look any further than the Supreme Court of Canada's decision on the k*rpan being worn in schools (or anywhere else for that matter), common sense is simply non-existent anymore. End of argument... censored out of fear for religious retaliation? Works, doesn't it -- especially seeing as how I am absolutely vocal about my aversion for Québec Catholics and Christians -- go "figure". I won't judge a book by its' cover (I "try" not to), but there are some areas where I'll draw the line, foreigner or not. Was that fair? Yes if you consider that those who generally ruin it for all the others never stop to think wether it is fair or not. Now you may go ahead and label me an individualist or a racist (et ça va me passer rapidement au-dessus de la tête) but as long as my family and friends are alright and that I can hand out a few positive gestures here and there, I'll be fine. Time to step outside and take it all in once more.