18 January 2007

like an extension


We were very few to witness the glory that was Earl Greyhound last night at the Green Room (lucky us, indeed), a block away from Bar St-Laurent 2 where we'll be playing tomorrow. After being floored by such an amount of soulful rock, you can't help but want to "rock out" as well -- but it's acoustics on the menu tomorrow night and judging by the condition of my guitar after the last acoustic show, it'll be anything but rockin' unfortunately... The game plan so far is that I'll play an acoustic rendition of the Le Soir track "dramatic" (which, by the way, is scheduled to be mastered by the one and only Bob Ludwig thanks to P*co's beautiful electronics) accompanied by I*a on cello. The two following tunes have yet to be titled, they just might end up being called 01 & 02 as they are titled now 'cause the two go hand in hand as an outdoor/indoor themed combination (somewhat erotic actually) but I might add my take on Nina Simone's "Since I fell" as an intro to 02... you see, I'm just thinking out loud but it is important to me. The real challenge lies in accomplishing these songs as sober as one can be in those late hours.