22 January 2007

re: Souffle Acoustique 01


There's an awful lot to manage in the weeks before any show, it'll be a high or a low depending on how well it went and then it'll be over fast and life goes on with one less preoccupation. It shoots you down abruptly every single time. It went well and we were pleased (so you end up with a bit of a high in the following week). I couldn't spend as much time with everyone as I would've liked to but that's to be expected (but it always makes me sad). One band ignored the "acoustic" criteria and made a mess of the whole theme, I have a hard time understanding it not to mention that it was then almost impossible to quiet down the crowd for the following act -- mine... but I didn't dwell on it, stepped up and did my thing before our time ran out (and we understood what they meant by that immediately after). No fowl for the venue nor its owners, they were top notch and we had been warned. My friend's father came up to me with a sincere surprised look on his face and compared me to Leonard Cohen in his early years -- there's no better compliment. Thanks to everyone who dropped by, on to the next one.