28 March 2007

h/e 161 march


Black & white sunlight | Walked out of an important meeting yesterday (not all meetings are important) to find that a summer-like sun had come out. Outside, contrasting with my usual pale face / rough features while sporting a tight black suit (such as one would wear under gray skies... or in the event of a funeral), I ignored public transits and I did not hail a cab -- I just drifted through the city. Time was of the essence due to an ever urgent workload awaiting me back home but I ignored that as well. Drifted diagonally from downtown to the plateau and I might've made it home in one long walk but the sunlight eventually won and I went hiding in a nearby subterranean refuge. Very "dramatic". I prefered taking a stroll through the city's afternoon sunlight (a setting I am ill at ease in) rather than returning to the immediacy that is the work related problems at hand (I know, who wouldn't). But the walk was subconscious; it was my body taking an urgent breather despite the malaise I felt from the scenery and the numerous issues fucking up my head. Came sundown, a second outing with friends I had barely seen during the cold of the past winter. Had to be out in the nighttime to compensate. I was calm and it felt like march again.