23 March 2007

h/e 160 march

Rants vs overheard | Parlons politique... non, parlons donc k*rpan à place -- We allow "kids' to carry around knives in school and you want me to debate politics? Pardon me while I go masturbate in front of a mirror (much more of a profound experience) / We love Nightlife magazine (I do, especially for its design and format) but truthfully we take it so that we can play "spot the whore" in the picture section at the end of the mag, a genuine educational fun-for-the-whole-family experience (and I mean that, your kids should see what they should avoid later in life, just sayin'... and no, this isn't a "not-in-the-hype" jealous revolt, a delicate mocking-issue I've previously addressed here by the way -- I do prefer the mirror in this instance also, not "mirror" the newspaper, the mirror with which I observe myself masturbating) / At a table next to us (listen, you speak loud enough in a restaurant, it becomes everybody's business), a guy (almost said "dude" here) states that he has developped insomnia for a couple of days to the immediate shock of his party... as if he had contracted a fatal disease. The drama unfolded for the duration of the (loud) conversation and while I do agree that insomnia is a terrible state, there isn't a single person in my entourage that doesn't suffer from a lack of healthy slumber. It's unfortunate but it's also menial. Now I'm not taking away any importance from the guy/dude's problem, all it did was give me insight into a world very different from my own. And that was very interesting (though in the back of my head, honestly... I called him a pussy).