25 April 2007

april sunlight


Sunglasses block the harsh sunlight yet it also allows us to peek at the generous amount of skin you're willing to offer us (something Montreal is renowned for, like it or not). There's a fine line in public decency when it comes to showing off skin, it's something I've pointed out to a couple of girls in the subway once when my eyes caught a glimpse of their incredibly apparent cleavage -- I got mean stares in return but they did not shy away from looking at my stomach as I lifted up my shirt; it's skin, what do you expect? Exposed skin or not, we do have a huge "pervert" problem in the city though... make a strong point that this is utterly unacceptable. There is very little respect, hence "peek" and "glimpse". We were outdoors at all times, soaking up the eerie positive vibes, the daytime/nighttime warmth -- all of us together healing I guess (or giving even less of a fuck than before).