05 May 2007

Sick of the STM


"You witness one of Montreal's uglier faces when taking a bus ride / it is also so rare to be greeted by a kind STM employee that it is not only noticed but later discussed as an exceptional occurence. Chapeau." ~ h/e March 2007 | Everyone has an STM story. None of them are very positive. It's a fact that the city's not very civil, there are worse places to be sure, but we're in pretty bad shape. Some would argue that it is reflected in the overall mood of most STM employees as they're subjected to our city's collective on an endless daily basis. Whatever, we've learned to cope with it. I'm aware that I'll get the slightest attention (if any) at my local Metro booth when I (dare) purchase a pass or tickets for transportation... and that tiny bit of attention is often, if not always, very arrogant. Whatever, we've learned to cope with it. Now here's one of those fabled STM stories, please read: There was an irregular line of people where my friend takes the bus every morning. She found out that the previously scheduled bus had not shown and so obviously the next one was in a hurry to make the rounds. This sort of thing happens, it's alright. As it arrived, it was quickly boarded by the line-up and there appeared to be sufficient space for all to enter. But as my friend started boarding the bus, the driver shouted "attention" and closed the doors shut directly on my friend's foot, her wrist and her backpack leaving her trapped on the exterior of the bus. The female driver did not verify if anyone was boarding as she closed the doors knowing full well there were still plenty of people waiting in line -- she was in hurry and decided a sufficient amount of passengers had walked in. She also did not notice my friend trapped outside of the door. The bus went back on course, speeding away from the stop with my friend still stuck in/and outside of the door itself. My friend quickly managed to untangle herself from the door, freed herself from what might've been a perilous journey (as you can easily imagine). I cannot reveal any further details on the subject as this extreme act of negligence on behalf of the STM and the driver could (should) lead to further xxxxx mesures. Completely fucking intolerable. Unacceptable. This was not posted in conjunction with my friend's accord, she has no association with husk/essem, my only wish was to spread the word on this incident so that we may continue to stand-up against these assholes (with appologies to the miniscule percentage who are actually decent). Sending positive vibes to my dear friend.