02 October 2005

maybe by the end of the year


A month late for a self-imposed deadline, for 4th edition of the fatigue show; a concert series of semi-acoustic artists right here in Montreal that I started in April 2001. Started out strong with two very sold out intimate events and the third in the harshest of times a year ago. The show was brilliant but I'll take the blame for the lack of spectators. My intent was to organize another one before the end of August -- at this point I don't even have a venue yet. A few suggestions, yes, but no specifc club. There is so much to consider, the look of the venue, the capacity, the location, availability -- and most importantly the arrangments with the venue's staff. I hire venues the same way I conduct business : all backwards. It would be so easy, not only for me but for every musician involved to simply cross out this edition and it's not like it creates a "wave" throughout our musical community, no far from it, it's our best kept secret, like a bar you wish no one will go to so that you can keep it to yourself -- this event is personal to me. The whole point is a personal exchange. Making arrangments for this next show is an effort most of us can't afford to do, which is why it's oh so important. Do you understand?