31 May 2006

310506


What I refer to as hors série for the descendo print collections is those art pieces that really had no research or specific theme to them, nor what I would generally be proud enough promote. In a way they're kinda like fillers -- it takes me way too long to come up with conceptual collections of my own, not to mention that there's usually something I need to get off my chest while doing them and it isn't wise to rush it, although the production stage itself is still spontaneous. I've got a few fillers lined up. It is nice to get them out there (when I can afford to, that is), but it's nothing like releasing a "series", I feel that's much more of an art statement. It's also much harder to pull off; most artists struggle with innovation and they get caught up in it for too long but I think the absolute challenge is winning over one's audacity; I've received all sorts of comments/critiques and that can be distracting (though also essential in a way)... what really matters is that I've managed to get stuff out there.