14 June 2006

interfere with lovers [04]


[tristezza dalla parte di sinistra]. Limited sharing; vague hints to very specific points -- I write/talk/sing like so, my eyes express themselves as such. I doubt anything major is ever revealed, I'm smart enough not to expose myself too much, nor would I ruin precious personal secrets and moments. Interfere with lovers was not meant to be a specific jab; it's a common situation (in that order) that happens to the majority of lovers, and that is why they've derived from their original appearance [ref: all the 2004 writtings], because sacred bonds (good and bad) must remain personal -- and lo behold the "compromise". I do see someone specific when I think of the intruder piece though no one knows who that might be, and I do see someone specific when I think of the three-to-two piece -- every other sympathizer can relate and attach their own characters to it, and apparently, that was the case. And no one cried fowl either. I often ask myself, where are the opposite prints? Why did a love lost spur art when love itself didn't (at least not in the public domain)? I've always been one to advise that sadness should be worn like a badge. All too often, one's entourage will easily dismiss one's emotions (or label them differently) based on different experiences. It is this shame that prevents most from screaming it out of one's system. It is unfair that I haven't illustrated the latter (in public domain). My artistic talents have, in every case, been generated out of sadness. Like an instinct; my most powerful palette. I think, for this collection (and maybe also the previous one) that I issued a warning. Make sure this doesn't happen to you, or something like that... it's not important really. I mean, the outcome isn't important. The loss is though, prevent that. I know I know sometimes it's beyond our control, of course I'm aware -- who do you came up with these prints? There was art, back when there was love. Yes, "past tense" here. I don't think that had to be public at all but I assume something similar and public might've eventually come from it but there were cogs in the machine that required the attention instead. There are songs out there, my own, that've captured glimpses of that era, though those, are harder to find now [note: "dramatic" actually is one of those songs]. And that was in its own way, "the latter" out in the open. Unfortunately, the opposite songs remain, not all of them, not the specific ones but some are still sung. It has come to my attention in the last year or so that I had predicted some early fears of mine, through music, that somehow came to pass. It strikes me every time. Just a few days ago, I remembered an old chorus line that had a really nice chord change, the lyrics went *** and I didn't catch on as I was rediscovering it, but it hit me like a knife as I sung it aloud -- it just hit me as I remembered it, and I swear I cried like a shaking wreck of a man. It was what I feared the most and I had already written it. The coincidence and the shear accuracy was absolutely overwhelming. I had a few moments to swallow it up and hide the outbreak of shaking and tears, but I swear, for a brief moment I was back in the eye of the storm, like that dark side is sometimes closer than it seems, like the fine line I try to manage with alcohol; it can hit you when you least expect it. My point is that such an intense feeling, one that has a substancial power/influence of you, has a tendency to be easier (wrong word here) to channel (evidently an attempt to be rid of it) -- and had love prevailed, a brighter palette might've been possible.