12 June 2006

sharing my comfort zone


[Having trouble concentrating on writting at the moment -- you see, some soccer game (I presume) was just won and the local fanatics make it a point to drive around and make an orchestra of car horns to let us in on their celebration, useless/careless noise and exhaust polution aside, without wondering, mind you, if any of the residents actually give a damn. You can't stop fanatics from doing anything, but you could give them a pre-determined space to act out their "parades" where the general public would be warned of such acts; where they can expect it and be prepared, ultimately also less irritated. Harmless fun you say? In the past two hours, there has been three car accidents on my street corner alone. Now shut up, I'm ranting here.]

Where was I... ah yes, you see that image above? Yeah that was my week-end; a Radiohead week-end at Place des Arts (I'll get back to that in a minute), my attendance made possible by my long time friend and frequent collaborator Patrick, whom by the way plays in a band called Plajia (go see them now before they get too famous for your asses). Thank you my dear friend. I'm not cut out for reviews so I'll just say that it was even better than I could've imagined and leave it at that. However, "everything was not in its right place" so to speak, in some ways, everything "radiohead" to me was/is somewhat of a special bond I shared with my ex-girlfriend (it is, of course, only ironic that we should cross paths numerous times in a crowd of 3000 people... when-oh-when will my soul stop freezing as her gaze locks into mine?). So that took some getting used to, but nothing could really ruin such an experience, not even my powerful animostiy of "reunions", I guess honestly what really bothered me was that the PDA was one of my only safe/neutral spots in the city -- I've never publicly admitted this but there's a souvenir I shared there with a girl that I will leave nameless, somewhere in 2005 when for a bleak moment someone else managed to make my heart beat again (no -- you have no idea who she is, I barely do) but that was brief, something I did not pursue because I felt it was too early and well, ---- fuck this shit, fuckk it, you know how I feel, it's still too fucking early. Judge at will, I'm happy, are you?? Ask yourself that before going into an essay on my life and times (S**** softens up then goes boom, typical). Doooooo me that favor and ask yourselves that before you do, please please do. Now, I just need to own the spot again. That's all. I'll make it happen. On the other hand, what did make the evening(s) even more powerful and emotional than they already were was getting together with my friends after the shows, and seeing some nice familiar faces before and during also -- good friends, I love my friends (all of my friends who are reading this, who has shared radiohead with me during the week-end, you know who you are, I thank you for such a beautiful week-end, seeing you all there just added to the joy of it all). Hopefully I'll get to share this with other friends who weren't fortunate enough to see these two brilliant/perfect shows on some other occasion, I love you too! Everything in its right place, it's like the song, it's like a fragile post-panic moment that can only last for so long, you should notice when it happens and savor it. Damn, am I preaching? It's the horns outside I tell you, the horns.