01 March 2007

h/e 146 march


There were no fireworks / I explicitly asked not to make it into a big thing and that might've been a bad idea. I really don't know. Although it was casually celebrated by those close to me, it came and gone and that was it. I'm pointing it out because it has been very peculiar (to say the least). The weather took its toll on my family, I'm not one to trivialize one's issues (to some extent) but I have a hard time relating. There were loud footsteps above us when there should've been none (two down / two to go on the eviction scorecard). I found the strenght to help my friend during her family's loss but she has full time year-round strenghts to help whatever ails me at any given moment (which is often). You witness one of Montreal's uglier faces when taking a bus ride / it is also so rare to be greeted by a kind STM employee that it is not only noticed but later discussed as an exceptional occurence. Chapeau. And last night I lost it, big time. Holding it back for several months will ensure this. I can't dwell on it otherwise I might end up in a hospital bed. Better to compare, brings back focus. Get up, get back to work.